Inclusive Schools Week (ISW)
Celebrated annually during the second week of December
Mark your Calendars: 2016 ISW is December 5-9
Sign up to VOLUNTEER
Inclusive Schools Week is an annual, nationwide, K-12 celebration of our year-round efforts to promote and build inclusive, welcoming school communities that embrace and support people of all natural and diverse abilities, sociological and cultural backgrounds.
At Miraloma, ISW gives students additional tools to deal with feelings of inclusion, exclusion and differences, to build on our ongoing social-emotional, TRIBES and bully-free curriculums. Students will participate in:
- a school-wide art & writing project
- ISW themed school-wide assembly
- ability awareness activity
- themed library readings
- and more!
2016-17 ISW Schedule:
- Wear As Many Colorful Clothes As You Can Day
- Author Todd Parr Assembly for all Students & book signing
- ISW Student Art Project on Display
- Mismatched Sock Day
- Ability Awareness Stations
- Meet Someone New Day
- Sit with someone new at lunch
- The More You Know Day
- 5th Grade Research Presentations
- Dragons United Day
- Wear Your Miraloma Dragon Wear
For more information about Inclusive Schools Week, or to volunteer to help, contact our Inclusive Schools Committee.