We love Miraloma.
Our school has the best teachers and staff, first-rate educational instruction, and a warm, inclusive, and safe environment for our students. But to maintain this level of enrichment, we must raise beyond what the state and district can provide.
The Miraloma PTA makes possible many of the programs that make our school unique: gardening program, arts consultants & supplies, poetry classes, field trips, community events, literary specialists, tutoring, USF counselors, building & grounds maintenance, technology, assemblies, student advisor, and much more.
In order to keep these enrichments and programs, we need to reach our fundraising goal of about $1250 per student.
What does our FUNDRAISING SUPPORT?
Review our latest Fundraising Report.
Your donations and other fundraising activities support programs such as:
- 20% class size reduction in upper grades
- Ongoing professional development to support our exceptional teachers
- Literacy specialists to enable differentiated learning
- New Chromebook laptops for an expanded technology program
- Yearly stipends to purchase classroom supplies (so you don't have to!)
- Unique, hands-on gardening and environmental education (with chickens!)
- Seasonal and locally grown snack program for all students
Ways to Support our School
The ANNUAL FUND: Our Direct Giving Campaign
The Miraloma Annual Fund, is an important way to help bridge the $450,000 funding gap between the programs that Miraloma offers and the state funds we actually receive. Our school needs to raise about $1250 per student this year to meet our budget. The PTA organizes several events to raise funds, but the most efficient way is to contribute to the Annual Fund.
We appreciate your generosity. Your donation is 100% tax deductible. You can also donate by check to Miraloma PTA (write "Annual Fund" in the comment field). Drop the check in the locked PTA box in the school office.
Key Fundraising Events & Programs:
FUN RUN (OCTOBER)
Circle the Balboa High School track and share a potluck picnic in the centerfield! Families, friends, co-workers, and companies sponsor our students as they jog. This family day brings our school community together, early in the year, so everyone can bond with their classmates and the greater Miraloma community.
This evening auction is a lively party for the grown ups. Bid on one-of-a-kind steals and deals donated by local merchants and fellow parents. There will be a silent and live auction and a treasure chest full of wine! Mingle, dance to a live DJ, and taste a delectable spread of food and drinks. All proceeds benefit our amazing school programs.
We can earn thousands of dollars a year for Miraloma from Amazon, Mollie Stone's, and eScrip if all families participate!
Don't forget to mention Miraloma when you shop at Sports Basement!
Other ways to contribute
In addition to these key events and programs, there are few other times through the year where you can further contribute to Miraloma through your donations and purchases.
- Giving Tuesday (in November -- a matching campaign that drives support for our Annual Fund)
- Book Fair (in February -- supports our student's love of reading and provides books to our library)
- Yearbook (in April/May -- supports the yearbook production)