Miraloma Elementary School is the home of a diverse and inclusive community that respects and celebrates the differences and strengths of each member. Our mission is to nurture the whole child through dynamic and authentic learning experiences that spark their curiosity and guide them to uncover new interests, passions and creative expression. Teachers, parents and administration work together to provide a safe and supportive environment for students to discover new things and embrace mistakes as learning opportunities as students grow towards independence.
Our goal is for all students at Miraloma to enjoy learning and achieve their personal best. We aim to guide all students to become resourceful and resilient lifelong learners who persevere when presented with academic, social and emotional challenges. We strive to teach students to be active participants in their community and advocates for social justice. We wish for students to leave Miraloma with a solid foundation for success, knowing that they have the tools needed to navigate the changing world.
We adhere to the SFUSD Core Values
- Student-Centered: We put students’ needs first
- Fearless: We persist through challenges
- United: We celebrate and build on each other’s strengths
- Social Justice: We stand with those most vulnerable in our community
- Diversity-Driven: We respect and seek to understand each person