WHAT IS THE ANNUAL MIRALOMA AUCTION?
It is our largest fundraising event, but more importantly, it’s an opportunity to connect with other Miraloma parents and teachers in a fun-filled evening with food, dancing and the opportunity to bid on terrific items…all while benefiting the kids!
WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
The proceeds from the auction cover the bulk of the PTA budget, funding PTA programs, community events, student and teacher support programs that are currently not covered by SFUSD. Here is the allocation for 2016-17. This will be updated each year.
HOW does it work?
Our auction consists of a week-long ONLINE AUCTION followed the AUCTION EVENT. You can participate in both or either one to support our school.
- Online Auction: Prior to our Auction Event, we are holding a week-long Online Auction, where you can support our school by bidding from the comfort of your home!
Most gift certificates and tickets will be available at our Online Auction only.
- Auction Event: This is the biggest party of the year, where your can bid on Classroom Projects, Faculty Fun and extravagant items in our Live Auction while enjoying appetizers, beer, wine and live music. You can also make a 100% deductible donation during Fund-a-need or try your luck at the Wine Raffle, and dance on music by a live DJ. Don't forget to bring cash for the Teacher Tip Contest and make sure to get there on time to secure your slots of your favorite Sign-Ups!
Auction Tickets: There are no actual paper tickets to our auction, but there is an entrance fee that includes light appetizers, beer, wine live music & live DJ. Please buy tickets for yourself and your guests online before the event! This avoids paying a higher door price and knowing the number guests beforehand helps us a great deal with planning the event.
Silent Auction: You can bid on items by writing your bid number next to your bid amount until the section is closed. The bidder who has entered the highest bid amount at closing wins the item. Some items will have a “Buy It Now” price, when you write your name next to it, you'll know the items is yours! Make sure to make your bid at min. bid increment or higher.
Live Auction: A selection of items will be auctioned live. You can bid on an item by raising your bid number. No worries: we don’t do the fast-talking thing.
Sign-Ups: Parties/Events where you can bid on a slot per person (sometimes the slots are fixed price) Don’t forget, you and your spouse will both need a slot if the two of you want to go!
Fund-a-Need: Fund-a-Need is a direct appeal for donations (Fund) to support part of our children’s education (the Need). The auctioneer will ask for pledges at varying levels starting at, for example, $2500 and working his way down. We encourage you to contribute at the level that is right for you.
Teacher Tip Contest: Teachers will compete for the highest total tip! The 4th & 5th grade teachers will start tending the (free) bar for 20 minutes, then the 2nd & 3rd grade teachers will take a turn, and so on.
Wine Raffle: This is a raffle Miraloma-style! Three lucky keys will each unlock an Instant Wine Cellar!
Auction Rules & Regulations
Terms of Sale (and Other Legal Stuff)
All sales are final and cannot be exchanged or refunded. If there is a conflict between a name and a bidder number written on the bid sheets, the name, if legible, will be used. The Auction Committee reserves the right to withdraw any item at any time without notice before the actual sale. In the event of a dispute, the Auction Committee shall act as final authority in determining the winning bid. All items and services are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the donors. Miraloma Elementary School does not make any expressed or implied warranties or guarantees on auction items regarding quality or value of items or services. Miraloma Elementary School has attempted to describe and catalog all items correctly, but all items are offered and sold “AS IS” and “WITH ALL FAULTS.” Miraloma Elementary School neither warrants or represents, and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in the catalog or made orally at the auction or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty for tax purposes or market value. Items have not been appraised unless otherwise noted. Reservations for trips and vacation accommodations must be mutually arranged with the donor unless otherwise noted. No refunds will be allowed on travel packages for canceled tickets and/or accommodations. By the buyer’s purchase the buyer waives any claim for liability against Miraloma Elementary School, its elected and appointed officials, members and employees, sponsors, volunteers connected with the auction, and/or the donor of the item. Neither Miraloma Elementary School nor the donor is responsible for any personal injuries or damage that may result from the use of the property or services.
Auction Event Rules
- You will get your bidder number when you check in at the door - use only this number to bid on items.
- To bid on an item, write your bidder number and the amount of your bid on the bid sheet. Note the minimum bid amount and the minimum bid increments - you must increase the bid by at least the minimum increment or your bid will be considered void, and the next highest bid will win.
- The MC will announce the closing of the silent auction sections. Hurry and get your final bids in at this time! NO BIDS MAY BE PLACED AFTER AN AREA HAS CLOSED.
- Your name or bidder number on any given bid sheet constitutes a legal contract to purchase that silent auction item at the price you stated if your bid is the winning bid. The last (highest) valid bid entered prior to the section closing will be the winning bid.
If there are any alterations to the starting bid of any auction item during the Silent Auction, please notify a member of theAuction Committee.
Online Auction Rules
Please read the instructions below carefully. By placing a bid on an item, you agree to be responsible for paying for any item you win.
- To bid, you will need to register for an account. You can do this by clicking the "Sign Up" link in the navigation bar (OR use the account that was created during Ticket Ordering). You will now be able to login using this information any time and bid on the selection of items that the auction committee has made available for online bidding.
- To view items, click the "Catalog" link. Clicking the name of any item you see will take you to a page where you can see the minimum bid, minimum raise, closing time, shipping information, and any existing bids that have been placed for that item.
- To place your own bid, type the bid amount in the box underneath the "Time Remaining" counter, and click the "Bid Now button".
When the item closes for bidding, the winner will receive an email with the happy news and a link to follow to provide payment information and complete the transaction. PAYMENTS ONLY BY VISA, MASTER, DISCOVER CARDS. All sales are final. No returns or exchanges.