Welcome, New Families!
Congratulations and welcome to Miraloma! You are invited to join us for the welcome events listed below. Please make sure to register in person at Miraloma and sign up for school-wide communications**. We looking forward to meeting you soon!
REGISTER YOUR CHILD AT MIRALOMA
All new families must register their student, in person, at Miraloma Elementary School during school hours (8am-3pm). Please follow the directions on the assignment letter that was mailed to you by the SFUSD or check the SFUSD website. If you do not register your student at school by the deadline mentioned in your letter, you may lose your student’s spot at Miraloma. Please note that Miraloma will be closed during Spring Break (March 26-March 30).
**NOTE: Sign-ups for School Communications (see below) do NOT substitute your registration at school.
School begins on August 20, 2018 at 7:50am. Students who do not attend within the first three days of school will be withdrawn. If you have enrolled but do not plan to attend, please notify the school or contact the Educational Placement Center.
All parents/guardians, please do the following:
- IMPORTANT: SIGN UP for the Official Miraloma E-mail List
- All official school and PTA communication is digital. This means welcome letters, class assignments, weekly newsletter (the Dragon Digest), principal's announcements, volunteer requests, etc., are sent to this email list. Don't miss out!
- OPTIONAL: JOIN the "Class of 2024" Facebook Group or the 2024 Yahoo! Group
While not an official source of school communications, these private groups are a great way to connect with other Kindergarten families, set up play dates, sports teams, grade-wide camping trips, etc. To join the incoming Kindergarten groups, please request to join the group on the Facebook page or click "+ Join" at the Yahoo! Group page.
JOIN US FOR THE FOLLOWING WELCOME EVENTS
- First Friday Coffee - April, 2018 6 @ 7:50am, Miraloma Elementary School (Enjoy Morning Circle, grab coffee and pastries, and meet incoming and current families.)
Spring Festival - April 22, 2018 @ 11am-3pm, Miraloma Elementary School (Enjoy our annual Spring Festival with games, food, and fun! Meet incoming and current families. This event is FREE!!)
Kinder July Playdate - July 14, 2018 @ 9:30-11:30am, Miraloma Playground, aka “Sandy Park”, 75 Sequoia Way (Enjoy bagels and coffee while meeting incoming Kinder families)
Kinder August Playdate - August 11, 2018 @ 9:30am-11:30am, Miraloma Playground, aka “Sandy Park”, 75 Sequoia Way (Enjoy bagels and coffee while meeting incoming Kinder families)
Kinder Orientation - August 17, 2018 @ 3pm, Miraloma Elementary School Auditorium (Kids welcome)
Welcome Coffee for Kinder families only - August 20, 2018 @ 8:15am, Miraloma Elementary School
Planet Miraloma Fun Run - Sunday, October 21 @ 10 am - 1 pm, Balboa High School Track
Class of 2024 KOA camping trip - May 10-12, 2019, Petaluma KOA – CALL (707) 763-1492 to reserve your spot ASAP!
Kindergarten Orientation is scheduled for Friday, August 17th at 3pm (the Friday before the first day of school). Meet in the Auditorium (entrance on Omar Way). Please make sure you are on the e-Mail List to receive announcements and updated info and make sure to download the Orientation Packet which will be available the first week of August.
Your child will be temporarily assigned to a kindergarten homeroom -- you will receive an email by Friday, August 17th with this information.
In order to create 3 balanced, mainstream classrooms, build community, and to get to know all of our new students, kindergarten teacher assignments will be made at the end of the first week of school. Official classroom assignments will be sent via email as well as posted at the school at the end of the day on Friday, August 24th. (Please make sure you are on the school email list.) Thank you for your support and understanding in this process.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
There are two after school programs available. One on-site program through YMCA, and one off-site program in "Sandy Park" next to our school through SF Recreation & Parks. Registration info is available on our After School Programs page.
GRADE-WIDE CAMPING TRIP
Every grade holds a KOA camping trip - the incoming Kindergarten Class of 2024 will be held on May 10-12, 2019 at Petaluma KOA. More information is available on our Class Facebook page. Please quickly make reservations directly with Petaluma KOA by MAY 1 as they will soon release our spots to the general public.
NOTE about school supplies: At Miraloma, we are very fortunate in that school supplies are provided for all children by the PTA, so you do not need to purchase supplies for your child specifically. #bestnewsever
You can already support Miraloma while doing your regular shopping!
- Always start your Amazon shopping through the Amazon links on our website or newsletter and earn 6% or more for our school!
- Sign up to become a Basementeer. Every time you shop at Sports Basement, your will receive 10% off and earn 10% for Miraloma!
- Get a Mollie Stones Community Card and earn up to 5% back for our school!
Once school starts:
- You will start receiving our weekly newsletter, the Dragon Digest. Please read it every week to stay in the know!
- Please fill out the Multipurpose Family Income Form from the School District each year -- we're looking for 100% participation!
- Check out the various volunteer opportunities - a great way to meet other parents is by preparing snack or help out during recess.
- Get your PTA Membership 2018-19 (available after July 1st)
Feel free to contact us with any questions!