Volunteer at Miraloma!
Being involved in education is the number one thing parents and caregivers can do to create a great school and improve student performance!
It sends a powerful message to our children that their education is important and we are there to support them in whatever way we can. Whether you are only able to spend time once or twice throughout the year or multiple times a week, your efforts will be greatly appreciated.
Find the latest volunteer sign-up opportunities in the weekly Dragon Digest newsletter and from your teachers and room parents. Please take a moment to look at the different volunteer opportunities, so you can plan when and how you’d like to help:
- Join the PTA and attend monthly meetings
- Join or help out a PTA committee
- Help out at any of the events Miraloma organizes throughout the year (during the week or in the weekend)
- Give the teachers a hand in their class rooms
- Come to the monthly School Site Council (SSC) meetings
CLASSROOM VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Classroom volunteering involves a range of duties and vary in time commitment. Please talk to your teacher or room parent about your classroom needs and scheduling.
- Room parent(s): coordinate classroom volunteers, create/maintain classroom contact list, and any other support for your child’s teacher.
- Volunteer in the classroom on a regular basis (centers, library, art, etc).
- Tutor students in reading and math after completing in a training session with our K-2 reading intervention teacher.
- Auction classroom project coordinator: organize an auction donation made by the class to be sold at the school auction.
- Make copies for your child’s teacher.
- Read to your child’s class or another class during their library time. Help re-shelve books.
- Chaperone recess on a regular basis or even once a month.
- Design class page for the yearbook: put together a montage page for your child’s class for the yearbook.
PTA COMMITTEE OPPORTUNITIES
Another way to volunteer at Miraloma is to join a committee and work on larger community projects for the school -- fundraisers, art projects, gardening, school communications, and more!
Library Committee library@ and librarian@
Recess Committee recess@
Student Survey survey@
Tech Committee tech@
Tours & Outreach tours@
Communications Committee (web: webmaster@; newsletter: newsletter@)
Welcome Committee welcome@
Yearbook Committee yearbook@
Snack Committee snack@
Arts Committee arts@
Auction Committee auction@
Book Fair bookfair@
Community Service Committee service@
Fundraising Committee fundraising@
Fun Run run@
Garden Team garden@ and chickens@
Grounds Committee grounds@
Hospitality Committee hospitality@
Inclusive Schools Committee inclusive@