TALK Line Family Support Center: 441-KIDS (5437)
Free telephone counseling for parents.
arents Place offers resources, information, education, and a continuum of small group and individualized services that support each child’s optimal development.
Pediatric Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy & Psychotherapy Services.
Kidpower teaches children positive, practical, and effective ways to think, move, and speak to stay safe in challenging personal safety situations. Kidpower helps parents and caregivers feel prepared and confident leading their children’s People Safety skill development on their own, every day.
A non-profit organization to help children and parents through divorce.
PTA Parent's Guide to Student Success
Overview of what your child will learn by the end of their grade.
PARENT ED PRESENTATIONS & RESOURCES
Let's Train the Brain! - Susan Hammond, School Social Worker
Breakfast Tips - Alison Eastwood, RD, food and nutrition expert
Developing and Nurturing Social Skills in Children - Dominique Baudry, MS., Ed
Classroom Audio Technology FAQ - Principal
Lice Information - Miraloma Admin
iPad Apps Recommendations - Miraloma teachers
CST Released Test Questions - California Department of Education
Specific Information on the Writing Test (specifically pages 57-64)
Kindergarten & 1st Grade
Recommendations from our Kindergarten & First Grade teachers
- Lakeshore Learning: Sound Sorting Beginning Sounds Interactive Game
- Lakeshore Learning: Letter of the Day Interactive Activities
- Super Why!
- Starfall Education: Starfall ABCs
- Abitalk: ABC Phonics Word Family
- Kana Trace -fun way to introduce Japanese alphabet
- Bee - for learning to spell, higher level speller for sure
- Sight Words - tailored for all levels, could see all children using it
- 1st Grade Writing - a book that's read to user about writing. Not best app or story, but ok, would say level HI reader
- Teach Me (Teach Town) 1st grade - reviews spelling and math and individualized for each student, also a store for students to "buy" things when a certain number of correct responses, however the user has to work to get the prizes
- Alpha Tots - good to review letter sounds, pretty basic
- Oh The Places You'll Go - book read to the kids, just fine
- ABC Phonics-basic review of letter sounds only, may want to buy full version
- Team Umizoomi Math: Zoom into Numbers
- Brain West: Numberline Frog
- Classroom Focused Software: 10 Fame Fill
- Classroom Focused Software: Line 'em Up
- Little Matchups Tell Time - good for adv group to tell time to the minute
- Tangram - good for all grps to practice building easy, medium, hard shapes
- Audio Slide a math subtraction - you can push a button and the pictures will move to show you how many to subtract
- Kids Fun Dots - 1 to 10 dot to dot dinosaurs!
- Animals Count - up to 10 things to count in first level, they count for you and show the numbers when you press the animals, really fun!
- Ace Mathland, Animal Farm - solve addition and subtraction problems to piece together a puzzle picture hidden behind the problems, math facts up to 20!
- Math 100 board - arrange random numbers in order depending on the pattern
- Pizza 1 - good pizza fraction practice
- Koala Math - addition and subtraction with pictures, number line, and scale
- Kids Math - good addition and subtraction practice with pictures
- Numbers - number recognition and tracing
- Animals Count - a counting game and number recognition
- Mad Math - good math facts practice
- Dino Math - a counting game and math facts practice
- ez Hats - easy step by step to make origami
- K-5 iPad Apps According to Bloom's Taxonomy - apps useful for developing higher order thinking skills in grades K-5 classrooms
SBAC Practice Tests
In preparation for the new Smarter Balanced Assessments, students can take Online SBAC Practice Tests. These tests can only be taken on Google Chrome, Safari, and FireFox Web browsers.
Go to SBAC Practice Tests
- Click [Sign In] (you're automatically logged in as Guest)
- Select 'Grade Level' from drop-down and click [Yes]
- Select the test you want to practice