Miraloma Elementary is an inclusive community where we strive to support children of all abilities, and help them thrive academically, socially and physically. In addition to our Special Education services, we maintain intervention resources available to all our students to ensure every child’s success.
School-wide resources include:
- Student Advisor
- Learning Support Professional/Social Workerin
- Reading Intervention Teachers (2)
- Speech language specialist (part-time)
- USF Student Counselors
Special Education at Miraloma
Miraloma is an inclusion school, serving children with a variety of special education needs. We provide differentiated services to fulfill the Individual Education Plans (IEPs) of students with disabilities, specifically designed to address their educational and developmental goals.
Special Education & Inclusion resources and facilities include:
- Full-time Inclusion Specialist
- Resource Specialist
- Paraprofessionals (6)
- Special Day Class (LD)
- Designated learning spaces for pull-out services
- ADA upgrades include an elevator, ramp, and lifts
- Parent-run Inclusion & SpEd Parents Group where parents share resources, information and support in person and through a private listserv.
- Parent-run Recess Committee committed to making recess safe, fun and inclusive for all kids.
- Inclusion students are integrated into our general education classrooms and provided every opportunity to learn and develop alongside their peers.
- We have a full-time inclusion teacher who administers our inclusion services and staff as well as provides direct content services to students.
- Our Principal and staff are engaged, proactive and invested in inclusion, and dedicated to being a model school.
Special Day Class
- Our Special Day Class is an SFUSD Learning Disabled classroom.
- The class is 3rd/4th/5th combination led by a full-time teacher and full-time aide.
- The Resource Specialist provides appropriate accommodations and modifications to the core curriculum to help students succeed in general education classrooms.
- Our LSP/Social Worker, supported by Student Counselors, is available to assist identified children (and families) with emotional, developmental and situational issues, as well as be a resource to teachers, staff and families.
If you would like to learn more, please contact Principal Machado. We hold dedicated information sessions each tour season for families interested in Inclusion and Special Education at Miraloma Elementary.